Thursday 7 May 2009

Chelsea 1 - 1 Barcelona (Barca go through to the final on away goals)

I just cant bring myself to post a match report this morning. I'm still so angry

At the end of the match I tweeted that "11 blue heroes had been robbed by an incompetent Norwegian" and this morning I feel no better. To loose because you have been out played or out fought is one thing but to be beaten by the most inept of refereeing displays is hard to take.

Don't get me wrong, Barca are a great side and worthy finalists but despite all their possession and silky skills, they did not have a single effort on target for 90mins. Inesta's goal came in the 2nd minute of 4 added minutes of injury time and Cech had not been called upon to make a single save up to that point.

The scenes at the final whistle were disgraceful, and Uefa will surely apply harsh sanctions, but they were understandable reactions. Let's see if Uefa act on the referee as well.

Come on U Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment